4.08.2015

Baby Lyons | Week 30


How far along? 30 weeks. Wow, how did that happen? I feel like I blinked and here we are 3/4 of the way through the pregnancy. 

Size of baby: A cucumber or butternut squash (17 in., 3 lb.) I don't know about you, but I've yet to find a cucumber that is 17 inches long. 

Gender: We will know in June! 

Weight Gain: Up a total of 23 pounds. At what point do we stop talking about this part? haha

Maternity Clothes: You betcha! Loving dresses, tanks and lots of workout clothes. Easter weekend was the perfect excuse to be super casual most all the time - just sitting around with my besties and catching up. I did buy a couple tanks and some capri tights from H&M that have certainly come in handy. 

Nursery: Is so sweet! I like to just sit in there and take it all in. The gold knobs came for the dresser {and while they still need a little adjusting/tightening] they are so perfect! The light fixture and dimmer have arrived, but are not installed yet - and the curtains came too. We started unpacking some shower gifts and organizing, which has been really fun. The little cub already has quite the book collection and lots of clothes, blankets and toys to get us started. 


Purchases: Auntie Lyns and Dot got the lil cub a couple things this weekend - a pack a swaddle blankets and a little monster named Pixie. She came from the Asheville open-air market. Look how cute! 

Movement: Love my early morning kicks. It seems like the cub has been very active at 5 a.m., and while being woken up that early isn't my favorite past time, I am enjoying the special quiet time with the cub. J even woke up one morning and got to feel a good strong kick. Starting to feel a little booty or feet up in my ribs, which means he or she is growing for sure! The movement is so much more noticeable these days and I love it. I know why people say they miss it once the baby comes. 

Symptoms: Started the week with a little head cold - runny nose, sore throat - ended it with a worse cold and lots of fluid in the ears. You can see my lina negra now and the belly button is starting to get more and more flat. The belly is certainly feeling heavier and making it harder to move around, but I do love it when it gets in the way. Reminds me that the cub is with me. Nose bleeds are still around on occasion.  Happy my legs and feet are doing pretty good and not too much swelling. My feet are certainly feeling the weight gain, but holding up ok. Feeling a pedi is in my near future. 

Sleep: Sleeping pretty good. Only up twice to potty and usually falling right back asleep. Noticing that I really need 8-9 hours a night to feel rested. Usually that doesn't happen, but I have squeezed in a few naps here and there. 

Workouts: Still getting in several walks, but having to pace myself. Also realizing how much just walking for work or around town takes out of me. It's much more of a workout than I ever imagined. 

Cravings: I haven't been able to live without chipped ice! Still loving fruits, yogurt, milk, cereal, cheese and crackers and he occasional bag of chips! 

What I Miss: Nothing at all. Life is really good for me and the babe right now. 

Best Moment This Week: Spending Easter weekend with my Mangos and their wonderful families. The lil cub got lots of loving from the aunties. On a side note, we had a not so great moment this week - my FIL has come down with a terrible bacterial infection and is really sick. If you are a follower, please send up an extra prayer for his recovery. We are taking it one day at a time and hoping his strength pulls him through. We know he can't wait to meet you, Baby Lyons!

Looking Forward To: Hopeful for some good news for my FIL and just for a good week ahead. 



 Week 19 | Week 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | Week 23 | Week 25 | Babymoon 

No comments:

Post a Comment