2.18.2015

Baby Lyons | Week 23

How far along? 23 weeks

Size of baby: A grapefruit ( 10.5-11.8 inches, 12.7-20.8 oz) At our last ultrasound, baby weighed 1 lb, 1 oz, so I'm sure he or she is up a few ounces since then. 

Gender: Keeping it a surprise! 

Weight Gain: Up a total of 15 pounds from my pre-baby weight. 

Maternity Clothes: You bet! 

Nursery:  Looking really great! Cleaning out and finding space in the house for all my crafts was interesting - but we made it happen. The lil' cubs closet is now empty and ready for some painting, carpet and creative renovating. Spending lots of time on Pinterest and blogs getting creative for storage. So many fun ideas!

Movement: Still waiting. patiently. :)

Symptoms: Nose bleeds are still common in the mornings, small aches and pains in my sides or lower legs. Starting to feel some general discomfort from sitting too long or laying. A little bit a nausea this week, but couldn't really pinpoint what from. The belly is certainly growing... last night after dinner, I was laying on the sofa and my belly was lopsided - you could see how the little babe was laying on my right side - that was so neat to see! Just a sweet reminder that he or she is there. :) 

Sleep: Sleeping like a baby thanks to my snoogle. Up once for a visit to the potty, and then back to bed... however it's so much harder to get myself outta bed now. 

Workouts: Started the week off with some sprints on the treadmill - felt pretty good. Got in one more trip to the gym, which also felt great. Workouts are defiantly tiring me out more quickly, but make me feel so much better afterwards. We have had below freezing weather all week and snowed in for two days, so it's been hard to get out much. Certainly looking forward to spring! 

Cravings: Fruit and water. Cheese and crackers. Fruity Pebbles! Peanut M&M's and powdered doughnuts - very random. Mostly still eating pretty healthy, with the exception of a mini doughnut or two with my daily cup of joe. :)

What I Miss: Moving a lot slower - so being about to get things done quick or go, go, go. Otherwise not much. 

Best Moment This Week: Celebrating Valentine's day with the hubs... cleaning out the nursery. {Romantic I know} Having the lil cub on the way is such great motivation to get rid of lots of junk that we no longer need. Also, loved our dinner out Saturday night and our Mardi Gras celebration on Sunday. My mom and pops sent us our bassinet for Valentine's Day and that was so fun to put together. It's now sitting in the nursery and is such a fun reminder of what is to come!! 

Looking Forward To: Feeling the little cub kick. I've felt some here and there, but am so ready to really start feeling some movement. Also looking forward to another weekend at home and our girls night on Friday! We've all been so busy {and three of us are expecting} so it's been hard to find some time to just hang-out. We also have a child care and birth class on Sunday with two other couples - excited to learn a little more about caring for our little cub! 



No comments:

Post a Comment