4.13.2015

Weekending Away with my AOII's!

This weekend marks my last weekend of planned travel before the cub arrives in June and I must say, I'm a little bittersweet. First, let me start by saying what a fabulous weekend I had, and how much we have enjoyed the trips we have been able to take over the past few months. We are blessed with so many good friends and family, that we wanted to squeeze in all the trips before the Lyon cub got too close to arrival time. I still have a couple weeks yet until I really can't travel - but for comforts sake, I'm happy to be off the road.

This weekend I headed down to Raleigh and Elon, NC for Carolina Days with my AOII's. I really do have the best team anyone could ask for - and am so lucky to call each of these women my sisters!

On a side note, I have decided that Nerds are my new favorite fro-yo topping. A-maze! 

Our team out and about in Durham.




The beautiful flowers in full bloom on campus. 

On Saturday night, we played "our favorite things" where we each bring a $10 gift of one of our favorite things, and we essentially play dirty santa. I found an adorable Betsy Johnson scarf with roses for my gift. And I ended with with a bag full o' goodies from Janet - after stealing it from a sista, sorry Jenny Meade... I love ya! Lots of my favorite things as well. I mean, who does't love a box of brand new crayons? A 64-count at that.
The bag of sour patch kids got devoured on the ride home Sunday.

They also surprised me and "the cub" that evening with a wonderful happy - our Momma Roo! 
The lil cub is so lucky to have so many great AOII Aunties - he or she can't wait to meet you!

Sunday was Carolina Day, where over 200 AOII's gathered for a day full of sisterhood and fun.

I might have also gone a little crazy with my thank-you notes purchase, but I just could't pick which ones I wanted, so I got them all!
The cub and I have some thank-you's to get started on. That will be my project for the week! 

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment