2.05.2015

Baby Lyons | Week 21


How far along? 21 weeks

Size of baby: A pomegranate (10.5 inches, 12.7 oz) 

Gender: Well, this would have been our week to find out - we had our anatomy scan on Monday - but we kept our eyes closed {during that part of the ultrasound} and didn't peak. We're just so happy to have seen a healthy heart and a little wiggle worm, keeping the ultrasound tech on her toes for sure. :)

Weight Gain: We are defiantly growing - we as in me - I am up 15 pounds total. A little motivation to get back to the gym I suppose.

Maternity Clothes: O yes! Still getting by with dresses, tights and flowy tops - but my maternity leggings, workout tights and pants have defiantly come in handy!

Nursery:  Is starting to get organized. Somewhat. We did pick up a few odds and ends last week that I can't wait to share.  

Movement: The ultrasound tech was able to see that the baby is hiding behind the placenta, which is why I haven't been able to feel much of anything. Every now and then I get a little nudge. But after seeing the ultrasound, we know that baby is moving all over the place these days - so that was a happy! 

Symptoms: Very odd symptoms this week. Noticed a couple moles that have started growing bigger - that the doc says is completely normal - thank goodness. Waking up with a nosebleed most every morning, some are just small amounts, but still there. The past few mornings, I've woken up to a sharp pain in my ribs/stomach area. Doc says it's just my stomach muscles growing and stretching out - or maybe my belly growling. It's just funny. Laying on my back is totally out of the question now - after about 5 minutes I get lightheaded and hot.  

Sleep: Overall sleeping pretty good. An extra pillow is helping hold up the belly a little. 

Workouts: Getting back to the swing of things. Made it to the gym a couple times and out for a few walks and runs this week. It's defiantly getting harder, and I get tired much quicker - but taking it slow and pacing myself. 

Cravings: Salads, fruit, smoothies, peanut butter, yogurt and granola. Oddly enough, pretty healthy. I felt like I was constantly hungry all weekend - and really couldn't find a way to keep my belly full. So, trying to stick to more hearty snacks with lots of protein that fill me up! 

What I Miss: Sleeping on my back and belly. 

Best Moment This Week: LOVED our anatomy scan on Monday! It was such a re-assuring feeling to see that lil cub on the screen moving all around. We have lots of pictures of hands, feet, legs, heart, spine - and a cute little profile shot for the baby book. Look at that adorable nose. 


Looking Forward To: Our trip to Nashville this weekend to spend time with one of my besties and her new beau. Spending a weekend in my old stopping grounds is just what the sole needs - a little country music and lots of good food! 



2 comments:

  1. Great post Tracy! I'm so happy you and your little guy or gal are doing and feeling good! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy Nashville - lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable!! I am so excited for you guys to not know.. I don't think I could do that but to know all that matter is the baby is healthy !! Happy Friday
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete