3.19.2013

Spring Decorating

Last night I picked up all the St. Patty's day items around the house and packed them up for the season... I miss my cute little monogrammed beer towels already - and the little leprechauns were so cute!  But, Easter is right around the corner... so out came the bunnies, eggs and baskets.  I was so happy to see our Easter baskets in the den this morning. I just get excited seeing them there with their bare Easter grass and big bows, ready to be filled to the top with candies and goodies!  I have always loved the Easter season - as a child, I loved picking out my Easter dress {and sometimes a matching hat}, loved the afternoon Easter Egg hunt that always took place at Nana & PawPaw's house... all the cousins would gather and prepare for the huge hunt that was to commence... complete with one golden egg that was always the biggest and filled with dollar bills. Man, we felt the the king of the world if you found it - such a great memory.  Easter is always one of my favorite times at church too. I love to see so many families and couples with their kids, all dressed in their best - packed in the church on Easter morning.  It just fills you with joy and reminds you of the happiness of the season!

After unpacking our Easter decor, I was disappointed to see that I really don't have much to show for it.  So, the hubs gave me permission to do a little shopping for Easter and springtime decor.  I wanted to share with you some of my favorites!

Rope Stools - these would really lighten up our kitchen stools.



Place-mats for 2 
Make simple table runners and run them ling ways on you table to create a fun new look for spring.



Crate paper birds in a tree.  Perfect for our dining room hutch!



Jazz up your candles with grass.



Who else is ready for these pretties to pop out? 
I've already got my eye on some early bloomers in town. 



Love this pillow - can anyone tell me where to find it? 



Lastly, I think it's time for a chalkboard in the Lyons' den!  Maybe this will be my weekend project... has anyone else made one? Got a tips, pointers?


Happy Spring Y'all - Excited to see warmer weather on the horizon! 


1 comment:

  1. Tracy, I was watching HGTV today and I saw a Target Ad. There was a pillow in it that was very similar to this one, so I checked the website for it. It was on there for $24.99. It was not exactly the same one, but it had two red poppies like this one and it looked pretty good! Just FYI.. XOXO

    Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete