4.18.2017

Baby Lyons # 2 | Weeks 22-24


How Far Along? 22 weeks
Size of Baby: A Butternut squash - 1 lb, 8 inches long. 
Gender: Waiting for our little surprise in July!
Weight Gain: Up 15 lbs from my starting weight (from my last check-up at 20 weeks)
Maternity Clothes: For sure. I packed up all my dresses that no longer fit, skirts, jeans and dress pants. No use in staring at a full closet when I won't be able to wear it. Plus, it's getting us started on the moving process. Unpacked some of my spring dresses that are nice and flowy, and those work great with the belly!
Nursery: We are still not sure what to do with Annalee and moving her into a big girl bed, so the baby can have her crib. We are hoping to move her for her birthday - which is about a month before the big move, to hopefully get her used to a new bed before it's in a brand new room as well. We also started a registry for little things we are starting to need for the new babe - including a couple new additions to the nursery. 
Movement: Lots of lots of moving! It's so cool. I really never felt much with Annalee, since my placenta was anterior. It's the best feeling!  
Symptoms: Not sleeping great. But I think that's more so to do with all the excitement over the house. Otherwise, feeling good. Bloody noses have been common, and pains when I move to quick or pick up Annalee at the wrong angle. 
Sleep: Up a couple times each night. Using a pillow to prop up the belly, which helps. 
Workouts: Lots of walking and working in the yard, plus after two days of wallpaper removal, my upper body has gotten quite the workout. 
Cravings: Cheese and crackers, oreos, chips, fro-yo, pickles, peanut butter on crackers, bananas, rice cakes, etc. Loving fruit and fig bars for snacks. A little but of naseua this week, I think from having a tunafish salad for lunch two days in a row.... going to steer clear for now. 
What I Miss: Nothing at the moment. 
Best Moment This Week: Closing on our new house!!! 

Looking Forward To: All the work to be done on our new house, and getting your sweet lil nursery put together!

Pregnant with Annalee at 22 weeks
_______

How Far Along?  23 weeks
Size of Baby:  A grapefruit1.2 pounds, 8 inches long
Gender: Keeping it a surprise, but if this lil one is a girl I will be shocked. It's been such a different pregnancy than with Annalee
Weight Gain:  Up 15 pounds at my last check up.
Maternity Clothes:  You bet! I am carrying this baby so different... the belly feels huge! 
Nursery: Under renovation at the moment!
Movement: Lots of lots!! This has been probably the biggest change from my last pregnancy. I didn't feel Annalee much at all and this baby is certainly on the move and has been from the very start. I get lots of kicks, squirms and flutters all day! I'm also pretty sure the baby has moved - he or she was nestled in with their head under my ribs, but I can tell they have turned... maybe sideways? The belly is certainly a different shape this week. 
Symptoms: Bloddy noses have started - mostly in the morning. Head congestion and aches while sleeping. I swear there are some feet or something under my left rib cage bc it is killing me! 
Sleep: Good nights and sleepless nights... again, my left ribs have been a pain - or in pain. 
Workouts: Walks with Annalee, working in the yard and around the house. Peeling wallpaper was quite a workout for the upper body last week. 
Cravings: Gatorade. Cheetos. Subway hot Italian sub - I think I had three this week. Oops!
What I Miss: With this beautiful weather.. cocktails on the porch!
Best Moment This Week: Booking flights for our early (and only) summer vacation to Tampa and Siesta Key. Also was excited that GranDe will be back for a visit in May, for big sisters birthday and to help start packing. 
Looking Forward To: A beautiful spring holy week ahead. My doctor check-up on Wednesday to hear your sweet lil heartbeat. Easter with our little family of three next weekend, and lots of time spent outdoors and working on our new house. 

Pregnant with Annalee at 23 weeks. 
__________

How Far Along?  24 weeks
Size of Baby:  An ear of corn, 1.5 pounds, 8.5 inches long
Gender: It's a toss up!
Weight Gain: Up 14 pounds total. Which is down from my last visit - but the doc didn't seem phased by it. We also have two offices, so the scales are slightly different. But - you can certainly tell that baby is growing!
Maternity Clothes:  Unpacked all my maternity clothes on Sunday and packed away all the clothes that don't currently fit over the belly. It's so nice to look at a closet full of clothes that I can actually wear! Lots of dresses in the mix, a couple long skirts and flowey tops. One new purchase may be some white maternity jeans. 
Nursery: under construction. Well, sorta. 
Movement: So much! It's just the best feeling. You can tell that baby is laying on my right side of the belly... lots of kicks and nudges on that side. 
Symptoms: Heaviness in my legs/feet. Occasional pain under my left rib cage. 
Sleep: Sleeping ok. Up at least once a night to pee. J was traveling for work a couple nights and I never sleep as good with him away. Annalee has been sleeping until 7/7:30, which has been heavenly! 
Workouts: Trying to get out and walk every day at some point. The weather has been gorgeous! However, I have had to slow my pace so I can make it more than a couple blocks. Walking home from walk is certainly a workout... and it's less than a mile, y'all! I remember feeling this same way in April pregnant with Annalee... but at that point I only had a month to go... hmmm.... not sure how I'm going to make it to July. Eeeekk!!
Cravings: Easter candy! Ice cream. Chipped ice. 
What I Miss: Being able to sit at my desk without bumping the belly. Running and walking without getting winded. 
Best Moment This Week: Hearing that sweet lil heartbeat!! Doc thinks that baby may be head down now, since the heartbeat was tracking so low. I can tell he or she has moved, but  I know we still have lots of time.
Looking Forward To: Easter Sunday with our sweet lil fam!


No comments:

Post a Comment