1.13.2014

Tasty Tuesday: Carrot Poppyseed Muffins

After reading my Southern Living from cover to cover on my trip, I was inspired to do a lil cooking when I got home. I made these tasty lil muffins that I wanted to share:


Carrot Poppyseed Muffins

1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp. poppyseeds
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda 
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
5 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. orange zest
2 cups shredded carrots (about 3 large)
3/4 cup buttermilk

Preheat oven to 375.
Whisk together first 6 ingredients. 
Stir in eggs, olive oil and orange zest.
Fold in carrots and buttermilk.
Spoon into 12 paper baking cups, filling about two-thirds full. {mine made 15}
Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. 

Calories 160; Protein 2.9g; Carbs 24g; Fiber 1; Fat 6g. 

We has them for breakfast with a little cream cheese and they were delightful! 

Also thought I would share our meals for the week:
Tuesday: Blackened Tilapia and Fried cabbage
Friday: Heading to c'ville to try out C&O with the Hollomons. Can't wait!!




No comments:

Post a Comment