10.09.2013

Now and Then

Things I know now that I wish I had known then..


Remember those letters that you wrote in 6th grade to your 18th year old self... or the well-documented dreams that my mother kept so tediously in my baby book... about my favorite foods, my favorite toys, what I wanted to be when I grew up {maybe I should check that list} and the my favorite toy each year?  Well, I would imagine that this blog post is a substitute to a letter written to my 5/8/11/14/19 year old self about the things I know now, that I wish I would have known then.

+Learn how to sew, so you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on alterations. {especially those 27 bridesmaids dresses}
+Say yes when your aunt asks you to help her can those veggies... organic is cool again.
+Pay attention to your grandmother when she tries to tell you about that home-remedy that gets wine out of your shirt.
+Really learn those keys on the piano - not just how to play yankee doodle.
+Watch your mom when she's making her homemade potato salad... because her recipe written on the card is nothing like what goes into the bowl.
+Appreciate the hours spent on the porch shelling pecans with your grandma. Life gets to fast.
+Remember the gigantic lemon tree at paw-paw's? Should have asked him what he does with all those lemons... the fruit is multiplying.
+Gardening is tedious. Yes, every day they need water, sun, weeding and picking.
+The Clean Plate Club is only open to those under the age of 10. You would be better off now if you didn't clean your plate.
+Fighting with your siblings will only make you closer. It gets much harder to fight when you live 12 hours away. Soak it up. You'll miss then being in the room next door - even if they keep  you up all night with their loud music.
+The skittles will catch up to you. I promise!

Maybe I'll keep this list for my future kiddos... and maybe they'll do a little more listening than I did.

When was the last time you came across one of those life lessons and kicked yourself for not paying attention back in the day?  Please do share.

Happy Wednesday!

xo, trace


No comments:

Post a Comment