8.05.2013

KA 75

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We spent ours celebrating a fabulous 75th convention with our Kappa Alpha family in San Antonio. Jesse was hard at work putting on a great show {with the help of a great staff}, while I worked a lil and played a lil more. 

A fun addition to the convention schedule  more recently has been "wives events" that this time in particular, were really fun!  We gathered on Friday morning to make thousands {literally} of traditional paper Mexican flowers for the banquet Saturday night. I must say, most of the work was done by the National Presidents wife, who has been working for 2 years on prepping them for us. The starting product looked a like this.. 
Tissue Paper and a pipe cleaner. And the finished product was this... 
It was fun to gather with almost 40 other wives and guests to chat and craft! My perfect morning... With a delicious breakfast and coffee too! Not to mention how pretty the banquet looked on Saturday. 


Friday afternoon we joined the rest of convention {minus the staff} at SeaWorld. So. Much. Fun. I rode every ride, got soaked to the bone and left with a few beers in the belly, a good tan, and lots of funny memories with great friends. 

Friday night was BforB, where the KOAEF raised over $70,000 for educational funds and I had the pleasure of modeling a beautiful black Onyx necklace... that went for a few grand. I was proud. :)  

Saturday we had a private fashion show at a local Texas ladies store {compete with a fabulous bridal trunk show}, at Julian Golds. They were wonderful to host us and teach us a little about what to expect in fall fashion trends. 
The rest of the trip flew by... Pool time, shopping, receptions, traditional Mexican dancing, lots of Mexican food and a great Sunday celebrating with the staff. After every KA event I am reminded just how lucky we are to be surrounding by such amazing examples of gentleman. It rings true in each and every volunteer and staff member of Kappa Alpha Order and I am very lucky to also call one my husband. 

Knight Commanders Banquet 

Staff dinner at Rossario's... Yum. 

Kudos to the awesome staff who worked tirelessly for the Order last week. You guys are truly the best and I feel so lucky to have you in my life! 
Celebration at the Menger Hotel

Until 2015... The Quest Continues! 

xo, tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment