10.04.2016

New Series! Rose with Tracy: Thoughts on October

I decided it would be fun to start a new series on the blog to give some monthly updates. I like posting in the mornings, so I thought Coffee Date would be cute. But then... I typically have more time to blog after little miss is in bed, and who are we kidding, I'm not drinking coffee. Being a little more realistic, here's to my first 'Rose with Tracy' with some thoughts on October.

We are ready for fall in this house. Just the site of pumpkins and mums on porches has me ready for FALL! I moved a couple things over from our September List... but here's our Top 10 things to do for October.

1 | Visit Herman's Produce for pumpkins and mums
2 | MANGOFEST 2016 - 10 year anniversary of our girls trip! A few recaps... 2012, 2013, 2014
3 | Go apple or pumpkin picking
4 | Make a new fall wreath
5 | New pillows for the bed
6 | Finalize plans to redo our bedroom and bathroom {yay! so excited for this one}...and laundry. 
7 | Pick out a Halloween costume for Miss Annalee and go trick-or-treating
8 | Try a new pumpkin recipe
9 | Schedule Fall Pictures
10 | Plan another date night

I had my first mani in probably a year while I was home visiting family. Mom watched Annalee for a little while so J and I could get some work done. Jesse chose the Flora Bama to work, I chose the nail salon. Anyway, I'm loving my nail color - Do you Take Lei Away? - and think I'll try a new fall shade every couple weeks. 

I haven't had my haircut in over 3 months, and I'm finally starting to love the length. It's a struggle to get past those awkward short/long months and I'm glad I held out. Now I just can't decide what to do with it. Does anyone else get tired of their same ole hair? Maybe it's also post-baby hair. I miss the thickness. 

I'm trying to get back into red wine, but I just can't steer away from the Rose. Hints the name of my new series. Don't get me wrong, I love a good Malbec. I just feel like after a glass, I'm toast. This is still my favorite Rose. Trader Joe's has a cute article about 5 Ways to Rose, totally worth a read. 

I'm trying to plan (ok, maybe in my head) (or maybe by writing this down) to start Christmas shopping early this year. I'm terrible at this, but my cousin, who own's A Boy's Life decided it was her mission for the month of October to buy as many small business gifts as possible this year. So I decided it would be mine as well. Do you have a small business that you would like to highlight? Send me a message. 

That's all for today folks. I hope you have a Happy Tuesday!






1 comment:

  1. You should check out the awesome Etsy shop April just blogged about....really neat pillows/design ideas!

    ReplyDelete