5.18.2014

Window boxes

After my brief trip to Charleston last week two weeks ago {where does the time go}, I came home inspired to get some flowers in my window boxes. With the move looming in the near future, I haven't done much gardening... but I just can't wait any longer. Our new shed is in some desperate need of some welcoming flowers!

I think there are a couple flowers that make a window box more interesting. Start with "a thriller," something tall like a spiky cordyline, add a few "spillers," something to trail over the sides, like white bacopa, and add lots of colorful fillers to finish it off. These are a few of my favorites.


Love this idea! 





What are your favorite plants for window boxes? Please do share. 
I'm on a mission to spruce up the new house and shed. 








No comments:

Post a Comment