4.04.2013

Thursday Thoughts

Just some random thoughts for today... I've been fighting a nasty cold since Easter, so yesterday I finally caved and stayed home from work. I am glad I did too. I am still "under the weather" but back at it.  Just wanted to share some random thoughts today...

First, don't forget to go and vote in the Southern Food Bracket - today is the last match-up... and for all you Diet Coke gals, It's Coke vs. Krispy Kreme in the finals!



Last Night I was itching to get out of the house after laying in bed all day because it was gorgeous, so I dipped out to our first Walk-n-Wobble of the season. It was just four of us, but it was nice to have some girl time and a little exercise too. We made big plans for the spring... including our Memorial Day white party {ha}, the possible founding of a new JL chapter in Lex {stay-tuned} and bringing back LexSuppers with the crew {April 17th}. I love having gal pals in town to keep us active!

Tuesday I had the pleasure of meeting our newest member to the crew, Ava Kathryn. What a cutie!!


Mommy and baby are doing great - and getting spoiled by everyone!  We all pitched-in and pulled together a rotating dinner schedule for the next 3 weeks. I think it's the most helpful and fun way to welcome a baby into the Lex-Vegas Fam... and so helpful for the new mommy. :)

Speaking of, I wanted to share the recipe I made for their meal. It's an easy Vegetable Tortellini Bake.


I decided to not use chicken this time and added a squash and more mushrooms. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly and it was super yummy - using fat free milk and low fat cream cheese as well.  I will defiantly be adding this one to the dinner rotation.

I don't usually like to mention the non-happy's in life, but this week has been especially heavy on my heart. One of our very good friend lost his Dad this week... another friend lost her baby and one of my co-workers found out her son has cancer.  I just wanted to let them all know that I'm thinking of them and leave them with this quote...


We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

 Overall, it's been a pretty nice week - looking forward to a fun weekend ahead with the KA Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment