4.01.2013

Easter Weekend!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!! We had such a nice LONG weekend - I must say, having an extra day off on the weekend {with the hubs} really makes for a nice break from the madness.  Don't get me wrong, I do like my days off alone, but it's just nice to have the hubs around too - home and NOT working - for once. But, he loves Easter just as much as I do... so it was a pretty easy sell.  We both did squeeze in a few hours of work on Friday morning, but were done by 10am - and hit the ground running.  First, we stopped in the local antique mall to finds some state maps and a vintage picture frame - check, check, and check. $17 later, we walked out with the perfect items!

Next, stop - Wally for chalkboard paint, frames, some house-hold goodies and food for the weekend.

Following this step-by-step tutorial, the chalk board was super easy to make.  The hubs wired some mason jars to hang beside it... and I'm now in search of spring flowers to fill them to the brim. That will be one of my April list items - fresh flowers in the house each week!


Then we decided we wanted to re-decorate our large wall in the dining area... so we took everything down, added a few more pieces... and ta-da!


There is a lot going on... and I do love the addition of the maps, but I'm still not 100%.  I figured I would stare at it for a few weeks and see what happens. Maybe some new spring pics. I'll keep you posted.

Friday afternoon we went for a nice run through town - soaking up the warmer weather! Then, I relaxed with a much-needed mani/pedi.  {Love my bright pink nails} We caped off the evening with some delicious fish sammies on the grill at Moore Street with some great friends.  It was a really "good Friday" indeed!

Saturday morning we got up nice and early to grab some Pure Eats doughnuts before the end of the month - and to share on our nice drive over the mountain.  We {and 12 of our closest friends} caravanned over the mountains to Nellysford and enjoyed an amazing Birthday Lunch for B. Hastings at Wild Wolf Brewing Company - talk about some dynamite food. Check out this flat bread we ordered.  Uh-mazing!


J also enjoyed some nice brewskie tastings. I even loved their beer!

Next stop was Veritas Vineyards, for a beautiful afternoon soaking up the sun and polishing off quite a few bottles of vino!


We made one final stop on the way out for a few hours at Afton Mountain Vineyard - great wine, and a wonderful relaxing time with friends!

Sunday morning we woke up to a nasty rainy day... but after a beautiful Easter Mass - we kinda forgot it was even raining. We opened our Easter baskets from each other, cooked a yummy Easter brunch at home {including Bunny Pancakes} and enjoyed talking with our families and the kiddos! {and hearing about the egg hunting at my folks house - I just had to share this great picture from my sister-in-law. Its so funny how much Emi is starting to look like me - god help her, she's an Elleard!}



Sunday afternoon we gathered at a good friends house for more fellowship and fun. We enjoyed WAY too much food and an "adult-friendly" egg hunt as well. I found the golden-egg...aka, iTunes gift card!

The skies finally cleared and the hubs and I enjoyed a nice walk downtown before we climbed into our PJ's.  I must say, it was such a wonderful Easter season... we really enjoyed being in town, attending mass almost every Sunday and being truly reminded about the reason for the season.  I think the History channels mini-series, The Bible, has also helped. We stayed up way to late last night watching another episode and it's so intriguing. Makes me ever so grateful for all we have and how blessed I am!

Here's to a great start to the Spring! I already have my April list in the works... check back tomorrow to see what we have planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment