1.08.2013

Looking 4 fabulous in 2013!


I don't know about you but I'm pretty pumped about this new year ahead!! 13 has always been my lucky number... so to be in the actual year "13" this has to be like the luckiest year of all!  It's already started off pretty good... with great friends and a wonderful husband by my side - I really sometimes feel like the luckiest girl in the world.  We didn't make any big resolutions this year, but we have been working out better for the past week and eating better... drinking less and getting more rest... you know, all the things that come with a fresh start and the excitement of a new year ahead.  My #1 goal this year is to get more organized - at home, at work, in my volunteer roles and in everyday life.  I started off the year by cleaning out our closest... drawers, the kitchen, the linens, the shed... even went through the Christmas boxes and in the end, donated 7 huge bags and boxes of clothes and house-hold goods to Goodwill. After I dropped them off, I felt better already.  Then, we finally go our s*** in order and put plates on my car, added me to our car insurance and got the Jeepster back on the road.  We went a whole year with only one car - and it really was ok and saved us some good money, but I must say that I'm happy to have my own car back! Here is just a glimpse of my new plates that should arrive any day now...

{no worries, this is not my actual plate #}

Next on my New Year's List was to get my but organized in my volunteer roles... I have a big year ahead.. starting with 4 of my AOII chapters and recruitment in January and February. I mapped out time for AOII and my chapters and actually got emails out to all 4 VPMR's, RA's, NME's and NMEA's {or for those non-AOII's - Recruitment and New Member peeps}. I was surprised at the quick responses I got back too - feelin' better already!!

Next up in the volunteer world is FCA... and this year I am the annual conference chair. I mapped out time each week to devote to the conference and planning and got organized with my binder, materials and committee - we still have lots to do, but I'm confident we'll get it done come May!

My third big volunteer role this year is Chair of the our local Community Festival.  Today kicks off our first Jaycee's meeting of the year, and I'm excited to make the first call for my committee to get plans rolling. The festival is in late August - but we have lots of new changes this year, including the construction of the main bridge that runs into town and right through the heart of the festival. Not sure how that's going to play out... but we shall see. At least I've starting thinking about it - that's a good thing, right?

So far, 2013 is off to a pretty good start - we've already made donations to some of our favorite charities, made plans to spend time with family and good friends... found a way to actually have both of our rental properties fully rented for the time being and pay off a good chunk of debt.

What are some of your goals for the new year ahead?  I need to get to work on this  30b430 List... 11 months to go - and so much to do and see!

We have some good recipes to share tomorrow {we've been eating well this week} so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete