7.15.2014

Vaca to the lower Gulf Coast

Who knew that the gulf coast had another great beach area besides the north coast?? Ok, just kidding... I'm not that biased. Yes, I love my sugar white sandy beaches... but when I live 1000's of miles away, just about any sand and water will do these days. Last week I was in for a treat though. The hubs had a work trip to Naples and I got to tag along!  The best part of his work trips is that I usually also get to squeeze in some work - which allows for more networking with my vendors, visiting with old friends in the business, and less time away that I have to actually use as vacation time. Who really gets enough vac a house anyway... 2 weeks a year, come on? Some how I breeze through mine easily year after year. I never understood those folks that had so much vacation time built up come June 30 that they lost it... not I. Maybe I'm just a big fan of weekend trips and Friday afternoons?

Anyways, back to our vacation... Naples was just beautiful!  Check out the view from our room at the Waldorf Astoria Naples.  It was gorgeous!

Yes, I could take my coffee with this view every morning, thank you very much! 

The property was surrounded by water, mangroves, and other fancy resorts... I got out for a couple runs through the adjacent neighborhoods and beaches and also spent some time at the pool... where we tried out the water slides and toasted ourselves many afternoons... with cold bevs and also on our shoulders.  We had an early morning golf outing while we were there too... such a beautiful course! 

at the Naples Grand Golf Club. 

On Thursday we packed away our work bags and headed up the coast to explore. Our first stop was Bonita Beach for a late lunch at the Fish House

Next stop was the Lighthouse on Sanibel Island. Such a cool old structure that dates back to the 1800's, it's the first lighthouse along the florida coast north of the Dry Tortugas. 

Sanibel was a really neat island with lots to see and do! But we were ready for some beach time and headed further north along the coast to Captiva Island. 

Where checked into South Seas Island Resort for a 3-night stay.  Y'all, this resort was huge. It was literally half of the island. Beaches, pools, golf, tennis, fishing, you name it. 


There was so much to do and see, we beached it, spent time at the pools, ran, walked the golf course and the beach a few different times. It was heavenly.  Who can beat this view from your chair?
Where you overlooked the water as well... right where the dolphins like to play for us each afternoon. 

 We enjoyed late nights and early mornings just soaking up the view from our balcony. 
...right on the water! 

Ate lots of good food and soaked up as much sun and relaxation as possible. 

And now we are back to reality! It was a fabulous week at the beach and I am so thankful for the short times we are able to get away and spend a little time together with just us! 



No comments:

Post a Comment