2.25.2016

She's Movin | BBQ Shrimp Succotash

We officially have a mover on our hands. Little Miss on the go, and into everything these days. Including pulling-up and standing.

This is how I found her last night.

Let the baby-proofing begin.

Anyone else out there braving the Smocked Auction's sample sale in Dallas? My good friend Dot just moved to Dallas and went to the pre-sale yesterday. It was crazy. Let's just say that she has a little boy that is going to be set for the next year... and she also picked Annalee up a couple fun things too, including this adorable dress for her birthday.

Speaking of.... I can't believe she'll be ONE in 3 months. That's just crazy. Wasn't I just pregnant and typing "bump dates"?

Is it too early to start planning for her birthday? Surely that will take at least 3 months to plan, right?

All joking aside, what in the world do you do at a first birthday? Momma's, give me some advice!

Tuesday, we threw together a delicious dinner. Operation clean eating is going well, but we are both getting pretty tired of salads. Which I never thought I would say. I typically can eat a salad for just about every meal. Lately, it's the last thing I want for dinner.

But back to this recipe. I had planned on BBQ shrimpers on a salad, but nixed the salad and had to get creative with what we had in the fridge.

So, we'll call it BBQ shrimp succotash.

Prepare BBQ shrimp according to April's recipe.

Succotash 
1/2 bundle asparagus, chopped 
1 cup frozen corn
10 cherry tomatoes, halfed 
1 tbls garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Sauté asparagus in olive oil and garlic for 10 minutes. Add corn and tomatoes. Sauté 5-7 minutes until roasted. We served the shrimp on top, and poured some of the sauce on top to give the succotash that great flavor. We didn't even miss the bread on the side. Ok, maybe a little. But it was yumo!

Happy Thursday friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment