11.25.2015

Our Little Turkey

I always suspected that the holidays would be so much more exciting with a little one in tow, but I never imagined just how special it would be. Especially all of her first holidays.

Let me just say, I'm a sucker for all sorts of cheesy holiday traditions - from advent calendars to Oreo turkeys, I love them all.

My mother is a first grade teacher, so there was never a shortage of holiday crafts or traditions. I am also a December birthday baby, and as a child my mother always made sure my birthday was a big deal - just to be sure it was overshadowed by the holiday season.

There was never an option as to whether there would be a party - just when, and how long it was last. From about age 8 to 15 my birthday's included a sleepover, piling in the car to go see Christmas lights and crafts - lots of crafts. We made gingerbread houses and ornaments, mini pizzas for dinner and decorated cookies. It was a given that every attendee would leave with a craft of sorts to hang on their tree or adorn their bedside table for the holiday's.

So it's not surprising that at 5 months my child is already crafting!



We also made pumpkin muffins and cookies last night - Tis the season! - and bagged all the ingredients for Oreo turkeys for Annalee to take to her friends at daycare today... so they could make their own as well. 

We are looking forward to a fun-filled first Turkey Day for Miss Annalee. On the menu for the next couple days:

   Turkey Baking {overnight of course, so we wake to the smell on Thanksgiving morning}
   Gobble Wobble 5K & Fun Run
   Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 
   Lots of cooking
   Turkey day lunch at home, including Annalee's first taste of solid foods. Did i mention I'm a sucker   
   for cheesy traditions? Of course her first food has to be on Thanksgiving.
   Dinner with friends
   Football

We are looking forward to a beautiful Thanksgiving surrounded by good friends and some very special time with our little family of three. What are you looking forward to most? 





No comments:

Post a Comment