8.29.2012

Wall Makeover

Last weekend the hubs and I decided to do some antiquing {browsing} and see if we could find some new items for the house.  We found this fabulous guy below and {I} decided he would be the perfect focal point for a new wall collage. I feel like wall collages are the new trendy thing in decorating - don't just put up one large picture... no no, you need lots of random items that you can stick together and make a funky new accent wall in your house.


The owl fit the bill. He was funky and fun, but not too out there.  Too bad I'm not a Chi Omega - that would have been perfect.  I know you are asking - why the owl? I dunno.  I just picked him up and thought, this could be fun!

So, here we are - we have an owl. Now what?  I knew we wanted to include some pictures in the wall makeover, so we stopped in at Ross and found three different ones that were all similar colors, but different sizes.  If you're looking for frames - Ross and TJ Maxx are the place to shop.  They have the best selection and let's just say the price is cheap right!

We got home and cleaned the wall, mapped out our dimensions and decided that we needed more funkiness. I had seen people use mason jars on the wall to decorate. So, I grabbed a mason jar and some picture mounting wire and added the mason jar to the mix. But - he needed something more. I couldn't find any neat sticks, but I did have some green sprigs of berries in my craft box... we added those to the mason jar, and ta-da! He looks great!


After hanging the entire collection - we found another brass frame that complimented the owl well, but decided to wait and add it to the wall when I received my last piece. Our wooden monogram.  They are all over Pinterest and Etsy - I finally caved and bought just an L from Southern Proper Monograms just for the wall.  I wanted to full monogram - but the hubs said that was a little much. Guess we'll have to wait and use that in a baby's room  - or maybe on a wreath!



For now, the wall is up and it's a fun addition to the Lyons' den!  I'll post new pics after it's complete.

Until then, Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love this idea:) What wall is this???

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the Dining room! You'll get to see it wine fest - and maybe the letter will be in by then!

    ReplyDelete