4.20.2012

My Favorite Things

This weekend I am heading off for an AOII team retreat and workshop in Raleigh, NC. I'm super excited to finally meet all the wonderful ladies that serve this small corner of AOII with me. I get the job of overseeing recruitment for our 8 chapters in NC, VA and MD. It's really neat working with the women on a volunteer level and getting to share all the things that I only wish I have known when I was in college! {O don't we all?}

BUT - I'm excited for a weekend to mingle with other {adult}volunteers and just catch up about all things AOII.  Last night I decided to break out an old AOII tradition from my undergrad days at Auburn - AOII Crunch Mix. It was what we lived off during recruitment and I haven't had it in years'... so I thought, what a better occasion than this to try my own batch.

It's a great snack - and packed full of protein!


AOII Praline Pecan Power Crunch

1 (16 oz. box Quaker Oat squares
3 cups unsalted pecan halves
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 stick butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Toss oat squares and pecans together.  In saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup. 
Bring to a rolling boil.  Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. 
Pour over cereal and pecans and toss well until evenly coated. 
Pour into 9 x 13 inch pan and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. 
Spread on waxed paper to cool. 


We also have a fun gift exchange tonight called  "My favorite things", where we all bring something we love (under $10) and have a fun little exchange with each other. So, I'm trying to decide what my favorite thing will be... just some ideas I have... 

Who doesn't love cute, new dish towels ?

Cocoa Mill Chocolates ~ A Lexington fav!

Cupcake Malbec ~ My favorite vino!

Or maybe a cute dish and spreader... I never seem to have enough of these!! 
Any other ideas ?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment