8.25.2016

Homemade Pops + The Best Shredded Pork

Our girl loves being outside. She loves water even more. Last night after work we pulled out the water table - which she 'asks for' everyday by pulling it round the porch - and had some end of summer fun. The crisp cool mornings have me excited for fall, pumpkins and football... but I'm a little sad to see summer go. I already miss the beach, and decided we needed to soak up as much of summer as we can before it slips away.
Ok, on to the homemade pops. I finally found some good molds that actually work - meaning they will pop out of the container without breaking to pieces - and they are perfect for little hands. I found them on Amazon for less than $10 and free prime shipping. Score! They have been our go-to snack at the river, at the beach and for nights on the porch.


Instead of fruit juice, I've just been chopping up some fruit, adding a splash of lemon, lime or orange and filling with water. It's the perfect balance of sweet... however, maybe my last batch were a little tart! haha

That was after the first lick... she did end up loving it. Even though her face does not say so. 

I also wanted to share our favorite crockpot pork recipe. It's light and, dare I say, moist and o, soooo delicious! It's a toddler fav - and just five ingredients too. 

1-3 lb. pork tenderloin
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 
1 cup water
2 tablespoons minced garlic 
1/4 cup honey 
Black Pepper to taste 

Place pork loin in crockpot, coat with black pepper, garlic, and honey. 
Stir water and vinegar together and pour over top of pork loin. 
Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 7-8 hours. Shred with forks and serve! 







2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad she's loving the water table! And I'll need to try your pork recipe. The last pork I did in the crock pot turned out so dry. How does that even happen?!? Leave it to me to screw up a crock pot recipe...

    ReplyDelete