3.28.2012

Porch Sittin'

Most would say that Porch Sittin's not a place.... rather a state of mind. It's been a busy week at work - tis' the season for us and all things ODK. Initiations, Magazine Deadlines, Convention Planning, Awards, Scholarships.... the list goes on. So tonight, I was in need of some good ole' fashioned porch sittin'.  It's funny - when you think about sittin' on a porch, the first thing that comes to mind is my grandparents, or great grandparents... or even my folks sittin' on the ole' beer bench out back.

The beer bench.... is history. And HAS so much history. When my parents left Johnson Court (where 15 years of memories were made) the bench came along with them. I wish I had an original pic - but this is the bench today, after a few shades of paint and a few new nails. Good as new. 



This is all the Elleard grand-babies...Lucas, Makenzie, Elijah, Jayden, Bailey, Emi Cay and Landon.
What a crew they are!  

This brings to mind my favorite pic that I wanted to share. It's me and my brothers - doin' a little porch sitting back in the day....


O, what great memories, to be a kid again and have my brothers by my side.  I miss being by them everyday. Maybe one day we'll all be able to do some porch sitting together on a regular basis.

So, what are you waiting for?  Go grab and seat on the front porch and enjoy the memories.  Who knows, if you listen good enough you might just learn a thing or two!


No comments:

Post a Comment