2.27.2018

Seven Days of Whole 30

We are one-week in to the Whole 30 kick and I must say, I love it! It's great to know what you are putting in your body is 100% whole and REAL food. Not processed. No GMO's or refined sugars.

Now, let me start by saying - the hubs is doing Whole 30 - not me. But, I am certainly reaping the benefits. I mean, who's going to cook two separate meals three times a day... plus feeding a toddler and infant. Not happening at the Lyons' Den.  However, I'm pretty sure both Annalee and Ford are more "Whole 30"  than I am in terms of their meals.

Side note - we made a freezer full of infant meals for Ford last week and little man is eating well -  zucchini, squash, blueberries, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, peas and green beans. I followed Urban Mom Tale's post on 1 Month of Easy & Healthy Baby Foods for a month and it was so easy.

So, back to the Whole 30 diet. The hubs has been wanting to try it for some time, and it just hasn't been easy to take the plunge - a vacation, or trip, or celebration always deterred us. We soon realized that there is always going to be something to deter us, so last Tuesday he just decided now was the time. It's sorta been fun researching menus and meals, snacks and "hacks."

I decided not to take the full plunge this time... but I am eating all the same meals, just adding in grains and dairy as needed.  I know there are many bloggers out there that have done the Whole 30 diet while breastfeeding, but I just can't. I've had mastitis way too many times to count, cracked nipples, bleeding, sharp pains that we thought was thrush - but wasn't - thank goodness. I just don't want to change my diet too drastically to affect my milk supply. I dieted once when Annalee was 9 months old and was rushed to the doc with crazy low blood sugar, so since then I just decided it wasn't worth it. I could wait. I have always been borderline low blood sugar, so I have to be careful as it is with breastfeeding and making sure I am getting the right amount of sugar I need to maintain my own strength.

All that to say - send me your favorite Whole 30 recipes. We have made a few really delicious meals that I'm going to share, but I want to hear from you all!

Carolina Charm just posted a great Whole 30 Breakfast Bowls recipe that I can't wait to try.

On a sorta-related note, Ford man got his first tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment