2.14.2018

Paper Valentine's

Wishing you all a very Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Ash Wednesday as well. I can't ever remember the two falling on the same day... makes for a busy week I suppose. 

I was laughing with other bloggers this morning at all the non-Pinterest worthy Valentine's this year. I was right there with them. For some reason, I had zero desire to get all crafty this year. Instead I went to Dollar Tree, picked out some Paw Patrol paper valentines, paired them with heart glasses, bubbles and necklaces and called it a day. We did paint a couple handprints on Gia and Grande's Valentine's cards, but that's about as crafty as I got this year. 

If y'all know me, you know I love a good reason to get crafty. But I'm also super nostalgic for my childhood holidays. My mom is a teacher and every holiday - including those like Groundhog day or President's Day - always included a special breakfast and books to go along with them. 

I loved it. Every week there was something to be celebrated! 

When it came to Valentine's Day, I loved picking out my paper valentines "in a box", scribbling my name on the back and writing special notes to my friends. They never included candy, or treats, or snacks... just good old fashioned paper cards that had to fit through the slit in my perfectly decorated shoe box at school. 

After school we'd spend a hour opening our cards, laying them all out and reading all our friends notes. It was the best. So simple. 

Maybe I'm secretly trying to bring things back to the good ole' days. Or maybe I'm just lazy. Either way, I feel quite content with my non-pinterest worthy valentine's this year... and my 2.5 year old was very pleased indeed!
Enjoying her special treats from Ms Jenny last weekend. 

Happy 1st Valentine's My littlest Love!

We're taking it easy tonight - I was up all night with some sort of stomach bug, so I'm home today, taking it slow and catching up on blogs. 

Cheers to a great lenten season this year. My mom arrives tomorrow and will be with us almost all 40 days of lent this year. I can't wait! 


No comments:

Post a Comment