2.13.2018

Catching Up - Welcome 2018

My first New Year's Day

I'm not really sure where January went. This year is flying by, and although I love blogging... it's taken a back seat to well, everything these days.

Things are just busy. 

Work is good. Busy, but good. I love my staff! Thank goodness for them. 

We rang in the New Year in Lex.... with two parties with the kiddos early, and lobsters and champagne at midnight at Home. Our new Home. Ya'll, sometimes I can't even believe this is our new house. Less than a year ago, we were walking through this house with BIG IDEAS, and never did we actually believe that it would happen. It's almost a dream come true, really. 

They say that if it's meant to be, it will be, and for some reason - the first time I saw this house, I just knew it had to be ours. Now it is. And I'm not quite sure I believe it. 

I'll do an update on our first Lex Lyons Cub soon... she's grown and changed so much, I just want to slow down time. (or at least record it, since I haven't found a good way to freeze her) We moved into her big girl bed (for good this time) and she has taken to potty training like a champ these past two weeks. 

I finally did a 6 month update on our little man! He's such a good baby... and we like him a whole lot more now that he's learned to SLEEP. :)  Y'all, going on no sleep is not ok. It's crazy how much of a toll it take on your body. Throw in a few trips and this month has just been exhausting. 

Jesse has two work trips in January. So the kiddos and I got creative with freezing cold temps. Lots of fort building, cookie baking, painting and laps ran around inside. 

We had a couple big snows, and Dad was home to take Miss Annalee sledding both times. 

We visited Jesse's mom for a long weekend. Ford's first trip to Franklin! 

We also had a fun sleepover with the Hollomon's in Crozet - not much sleep - but lots of laughs! 

Annalee had her first stomach bug, which made for a long week of tag-teaming off work and a deep clean of the house. Not a terrible thing, right?

Ford had a great 6 month check-up and joined us at the dinner table this month!

We both got our flu shots and have basically steered clear of any and all public kids places this month - anyone else?

We've purchased a few things for the house... new pillows for the living room, silhouettes of the kiddos - yet to be framed for the wall. A server for the dining room, just waiting to be filled. A pillow for Ford's room and a new lamp for Annalee. It's coming along slowly... 

My goal over the next month is to work on "before and after's" of the house transformation. I can't wait to share with you guys - it's truly amazing. Back to what I was saying earlier, I can not believe we have owned this home for 10 months now. 

Writing down all we've done in a month certainly makes it seem and feel like so much more - which makes my heart so full. 

Sometimes it's hard to see it all, when you're just living for nap time, which is us, on any given weekend. 

I'm home with my little older one this afternoon - and I think an afternoon of ME time to blog, was just what the heart needed this Valentine week. 

Wishing you all a very Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow! 

We are staying in, making spaghetti and meatballs and watching Lady in the Tramp, with our little lady. 




1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that all is well, and busy ha! Happy Valentine's Day to your crew!

    ReplyDelete