5.10.2016

Mother's Day | Johns Island

We had a fabulous trip to Charleston/Johns Island to visit with my good friend Lynsey and her sweet little girl Allie. Her hubby was working the night shift, in the last couple months of residency, and my hubs had to work in Charleston, so it turned into a little girls weekend.

We didn't get too many pics - we were too busy playing with the kiddies, but I thought I would share a couple from the trip. We did snag some cute ones of the gals...

In their matching PJ's. 

Hanging out at the Tattooed Moose.

And at the beach on Saturday. Annalee loved the sand and the water. We can't wait for memorial day on the Gulf Coast!  






___________________

Mother's Day was a good day, that was spent on the road. Our trip from SC to home took 10 hours - and i'm not even sure how. We may have stopped at the yummiest BBQ spot for lunch, Little Pigs BBQ, just north of Columbia, SC... where Miss Annalee tried her first watermelon.
We had an outfit change after this pic, so I'd say it was a success. 

Next stop was Ikea for a barstool... and napkins, placemats, kids toys, kitchen towels... ha. Of course, Ikea probably added two hours to our trip, but we picked up some deals. My favorite purchase, this adorable alligator mat for the bathtub. 
A steal at $4.99 for family members. 

The hubs surprised me with a great card and this awesome T from Magnolia Farm. 

The day was good... the night didn't end so hot. I starting not feeling well around hour 6 into our trip... chills, fever, aches. I knew exactly what it was. Our friend, mastitis was back. Ugh. It was a rough couple hours and a rough Monday morning, but after some meds, I'm on the mend! 

All in all, such a great weekend catching up with one of my besties and letting our girls play. Wouldn't change it for the world! 

Of course, a big shout out to my momma - the bestest!! We love you! ...and my sweet mother-in-law, who I love so very much. Wishing them a very Happy Mother's Day!! We love you so!













1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun.. I love IKEA :) I always find something in there

    ReplyDelete