6.13.2012

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Me!

Yes. I said it - and yes, my real birthday is sixth months away - but, who would pass up an opportunity to celebrate a birthday?  Not I!


However, No - this is not my cake. I wish it was.... I'm sitting here now wishing I would have baked myself a funfetti cake, just for a sweet lil slice of heaven! :)  While searching for this fabulous half birthday cake I did come across this post - that I just had to share...


So, I don't feel as bad now for NOT celebrating... but I still kinda wish I had!  28 1/2... I can hardly believe I'm old enough to have a real job and be married... much less be packing for my 10 year high school reunion. Yep, it's right around the corner -3 days to be exact! I can almost still feel myself walking the halls of Baker High School... traveling to endless ball games... getting ready for prom... and walking across the stage one hot May afternoon 10 years' ago. Kinda crazy how time flies!

It made me start thinking about what life has been like since I left the halls of BHS.

I moved away to college... pledged AOII... my parents retired, sold our family home and moved to the beach... I feel in love with the loveliest village on the plains.... made some of the greatest friends in the world {never came home} and made the best memories. Moved six times in college...watched my first brother get married and have a kid... then another.... and another... earned my degree in Communications.... and SGA... and Panhellenic... and anything that involved meetings, volunteering and not studying. I packed my bags, took a job with AOII and moved to Virginia.... where I feel in Love {for real this time}... moved to Nashville for another job with AOII... traveled the country {on someone else's dime}... made some wonderful friends.... moved 2 more times in Nashville.... traveled lots more.... moved to Virginia... got a job that earned me a few more dimes....watched my middle brother get married... and have a kid... got engaged... planned a fabulous wedding...  welcomed two more nephews to the family... said "I do"... just celebrated 2 years' on the job and one year with the love of my life!  Wow... amazing how you can sum up 10 years' in just a paragraph, huh?

I can't wait to see what the next 10 are fillled with!

No comments:

Post a Comment