5.20.2013

St. Louie for FCA

I'mmm back!! What a fun week we had in St. Louis.  The conference was a success and I even picked up this pretty little plaque for my hard work...



Not a BMW, but I'll take it.  It was an awesome experience for event planning with such a fun group of Communications professionals! We got the full St. Louis experience too...

The Arch... just steps away from our hotel

Private Tour of the Anheuser-Busch Brewery

Cards vs. Mets Game
With a private party in the Conference Center before the game!

I am excited to say that I was elected to serve on the Board of Directors for 2013-2014 as the Director of Education. I am super excited to help lead the organization next year again! 

We ended the conference on Saturday around 1pm and promptly took a nap. ha!  But, it was well-worth it, because we then had a really fun night. The Cards had a night game, so people and live music were everywhere. We had a drink at the Hilton outside bar and listened to music... took a walk through the park at the Arch and stumbled upon another outdoor concert. Then we decided that we wanted to ride up to the top of the Arch... and almost made it in... only to be stopped at the doors to a private event sign. :(  Next visit I suppose!  We ventured over to a fun hot-spot, the Broadway Oyster Bar... where posted up for the rest of the night.   

We took some fun pics, but they are on J's camera. I will re-post later.  The atmosphere took me straight back to Nola... and the food was pretty on the spot too! We had this alligator sausage and shrimp cheesecake appitizer - OMG, To. Die. For. They even had Abita Strawberry and Summer Shandy on tap. I was in heaven! 

Alligator Sausage and Shrimp Cheesecake

Late night the bar-tender made me a fun drink, with a local ginger beer. It was awesome... the perfect summer cocktail! 


My Summer Ginger Ale
1 part Ginger Beer
1 part Taka Vodka
Fresh Lime to garnish
Enjoy! 

Hope Everyone else had a great week/weekend.  Tomorrow is our "cotton anniversary."  I can't wait to pick my hubs up at the airport and celebrate 2 fabulous years as your wife!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment