6.11.2013

Tasty Tuesday: Spaghetti Squash

One week until we leave for a work trip/summer vacation {finally!}, so we are trying to a.) use up all the food we have in the house and b.) eat healthy. 

Last night we tried a new fun creation... 
Buffalo Shrimp over Spaghetti Squash {with Kale on the side}


It turned out really great. I cooked the spaghetti squash according to the simple directions online. Cut in half, scoop seeds from middle and bake for one hour at 350 degrees. It baked perfectly. 

For the shrimp: I peeled the shrimp {one dozen} and set to the side. Next I sauteed garlic and olive oil in a hot skillet. Once fragrant, I added 1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce and let it cook for about 3 minutes - just to marinate the flavors. I added the shrimp and covered it to saute around 5 minutes. 

While the shrimp were cooking I scraped the squash clean with a fork and tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spoon shrimp with buffalo sauce over spaghetti squash. Top with mozzarella cheese and enjoy!

I served with warm garlic bread and sautéed kale {in onion and garlic}. It was simple and delicious! 

Happy Tuesday and Healthy Eating!

xo, trace

No comments:

Post a Comment